Our Revolution Endorses Christine Pellegrino In Important Long Island Special Election
Christine is a teacher, a true progressive and a community activist. She has worked for years as a leader of the Long Island Progressive Coalition and the Long Island Opt Out movement, which is fighting for local control of schools and against the common core requirements in the state of New York.
Christine was also a Bernie Sanders delegate, and as a volunteer, she worked tirelessly to organize voters in her community and throughout the state of New York.
- Women’s rights, including expanding and protecting reproductive rights and equal pay for equal work.
- Free college tuition for all of our students; reducing student loan rates; and ending the profiteering on student loans.
- A living wage for all workers, including pay for overtime and a $15 hour national minimum wage.
- Getting big money out of politics by enforcing existing campaign finance rules; passing a constitutional amendment; making it clear that Congress and the states have the power to regulate money in elections; and establishing a publicly financed, transparent system of campaign financing that multiplies small donations, along the lines of the Fair Elections Now Act.
- Protecting drinking water and the environment. She vows to fight for the resources from Albany to clean up the toxins that threaten drinking water and make sure polluters are not poisoning our families.